Hey all! It’s been too long, hasn’t it? I’d love to say I have a good excuse, but of course I do not. A certain pandemic made me lazy. Let me catch you up to speed on what’s been going on (believe it or not, things have happened).
- I did an interview with Fevers Of The Mind, an incredible supporter of the #WritingCommunity. Quick-9 Interview with Norb Aikin
- My Twitter account was hacked in February, and I lost the entire thing. Over 5k followers, which is a magic number in the Twitterverse. And switching the link on WordPress from the old account to my new one was absolute hell, because a couple plugins here were not complying in any way. But it’s finally changed and functional now…I shaved my head to avoid tearing my hair out.
- I’m sure I’ve done some other stuff, but my mind is still trying to un-jello itstelf at times.
- I did submit a new manuscript, World By Design, to a few small presses. Fingers crossed it gets picked up.
- And most recently, I joined Medium and published a poem on Put It To Rest, which I’m really proud of. It contains a few tiny Easter Eggs into my life and how anxiety has affected me during the pandemic. Stagefright
Of course, Mutants is still available in my shop and on Amazon, but you’d rather have a signed copy, right? So glad I got the PayPal option in my shop fixed. I’ve got a couple copies left before I have to replenish, and there’s also one copy of 100 remaining before it’s gone for a long, long time (make of that what you will).
So what’s new with y’all? Tell me something good. Hit me on Twitter at @aikinnorb and hashtag it with #somethinggood. I don’t know why I’m doing this, but my community engagement sensibilities are suggesting maybe I should.
Ok, since I’ve already wasted enough of your time today, let’s get to the good stuff…my favorite part of these things, the playlist. And how about a stage fright/medium themed one, just cuz that’s kinda how I roll, right?
- The Band, “Stagefright”
- Jimmy Eat World, “The Middle”
- Radiohead, “Exit Music (For A Film)”
- Modest Mouse, “Dark Center Of The Universe”
- Bee Gees, “Man In The Middle”
- Flickerstick, “You’re So Hollywood”
- Arrested Development, “Mama’s Always On Stage”
- Stealer’s Wheel, “Stuck In The Middle With You”
- Atmosphere, “Between The Lines”
- Steely Dan, “Parker’s Band”
Hey, thanks for your time! I know I say it every time, but I promise to not be a stranger so much anymore. Of course, that depends on whether or not I have things to talk about, and I kinda sorta did before, but I’mma try to be better and keep y’all in the loop when new stuff happens, ok? Love you guys! Peace!!